The church is a well-maintained grade two listed building which was consecrated in 1844. It was built in the Early English style, apart from the pinnacles and parapet on top of the 76-ft high tower in the north-west corner of the church. It was extended in the early 1880s and a new choir vestry was added in the 1990s.
In its present form the church comprises a nave with a central aisle and two side aisles. The central aisle leads to the chancel and beyond to the sanctuary with its large high altar which for practical purposes is unmovable. The south aisle leads into the Lady Chapel and the north aisle to three inter-connecting vestries for choir, clergy and servers.
A separate nave altar is available, as is portable staging, to bring the small area at the front of the nave up to the level of the chancel. the nave is fitted with fixed pews seating about 350; with extra chairs the total seating capacity exceeds 400.
The Lady Chapel was re-ordered in 1998 when movable altar rails were introduced and the old pews were replaced with chairs. The new altar rails are used for the main Sunday service as a second point of administration, but for most other services they are pushed aside and seating is in the round. The Lady Chapel provides access for those with limited mobility.
The church's sound system facilitates the use of radio microphones, playback and recording; there is a hearing loop.