Parish Policy and Contacts
Earley St Peter's is committed to:
· The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
· The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
· The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
A copy of the Parish's Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here.
For queries or concerns the Parish Safeguarding Officer:
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 999.
If you are concerned about a child, young person, or vulnerable adults the local authorities can be contacted as follows:
Safeguarding Adults teams
Wokingham: 0118 974 6722 or website here.
Reading: 0118 937 3641 or website here.
Safeguarding Children teams
Reading: 0118 937 3747 or website here.
For all local authority services, in Reading and Wokingham, for safeguarding children and adults, the out-of-hours number is 01344 786 543.
Church of England Resources
Diocese of Oxford Safeguarding Pages [Our parish is part of the Diocese of Oxford, which is the Church of England in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, and Milton Keynes]. Telephone 01865 208290.
Other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).